Sunday, August 10, 2014

Redoux

Needs more work! is the thought that woke me this morning.  It's been awhile since I've been in the routine of writing, and yesterday's blog post helped me realize that I need to regain some story telling discipline.  I wanted to tell the story of unwittingly taking a class from one of the most important artists in America -- and secondarily convey that if you are only ever going to take one art class, that would probably be the one to take -- and thirdly how I feel that I squandered that opportunity in my youth (but not as bad as the other wretches in the class -- they were horrible, truly). 

How it read was that I'm focused on having validation for doing creative work -- which I'm not (if I were - I wouldn't do much creative work at all!). I decorated the house before I built it (so to speak ). So the post is in revision - and if it improves or at least does a better job conveying what it should -then it may be allowed  back on this blog!

No comments: