Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Commerce of Charity Art


Tree Tops (oil)
I grew up in a family of artists; if you expect to make a decent living -- it is not the best career choice.  Because of this perception, I pursued economics and management in my education, and have worked in business and research based positions.   Yet, creating art calls to me constantly, whispering in my ear like a March wind.  I create art when I can, often times when I should be doing something else.  I've always had the clear understanding that this is a personal journey, not one to be compensated. 

 
Honey Jar (digitally altered photograph)

Recently I realized that when I donate art for charity auctions -- there is a commerce involved -- one that still feeds me in away.  I may have underestimated the value in this form of art commerce.  Here are two current charities I'm participating in: 



Shades of Snow (watercolor)

No comments: